It's been a good week, but a slower one too with transition for transfers, so I'll have more to tell you next week anyway.
So I am in Iasi! :) I haven't retraced all my steps yet, but Sora Macdonald and I walked past where my old apartment is and part of the path that I walked everyday when I am here before. It snowed for the first time this season the day I got here and the lights turned on for the first time too! It is beautiful! There is a huge mall that opened near the Cultural Palace where I passed by everyday. It is kind of like a weird dream where you go to a place that you know and it's the same, but different. Well, obviously, it's been 4 years. But it is so cool to be here again! We visited Sora Podaru the second day I was here – and her apartment was just like I remembered it when I visited her 4 years ago! Sacrament meeting was really cool – some new people and it was really good to see that some things have progressed since I've been here, even though the branch is not much bigger than before.
I'm still getting adjusted, but I'm really happy to be serving here. And I felt good with how we left Bucharest. I did a lot of loose-end tying at the beginning of the week and basically finished with everything that I needed to. Sora Leb was getting a little bit stressed out with the idea of leaving. We had 4 lessons in the last 2 days and it was really good. :)
... love, Alicia